Treating Ingrown Hairs On Legs
Ingrown hairs occur when hair starts growing into the skin and causes bumps. These normally occur after shaving. Ingrown hair can be seen anywhere on the body and it might cause swelling, redness or inflammation. They are normally seen in people who have curly hair. Ingrown hairs on legs are normally found on the thighs, knees and other parts of the legs. There are people who suffer from ingrown hairs when compared to others. Let us find the tips for effective ingrown hair removal.
- You can apply salicylic acid, witch hazel or azulene on the area affected by ingrown hair. This will help to reduce swelling and redness in the affected area. Application of salicylic acid will help to smoothen the skin and open the pores and keep them moisturized. After shaving the area, you can apply topical creams or ointments that will prevent ingrown hair growth.
- Take a tweezer and coax the ingrown hair. Since they are grown deep into the skin you can use the tweezers and scrub the skin. Now try to pull out the ingrown hair without any difficulty. Do not pluck it which will cause pain and irritation. You can apply the topical cream or ointment on the surface.
- Try to scrub the surface that has ingrown hairs every time you wash. You can use scrubs, mittens or even salicylic acid. They will help to keep your hair smooth. But make sure that you apply them before shaving. This will make shaving easier and reduce ingrown hairs from occurring.
- Shaving techniques can be changed to reduce the pain in the area with ingrown hairs. You can use non-acnegenic creams on such surfaces other than using foam based shaving creams. This will help to avoid razor burns. After applying exfoliaters, you can shave in the direction of hair growth. Make sure that you do not apply more pressure on your skin. Always make sure that your skin is well moistened before shaving.
- There might be triggers which cause ingrown hairs. You can avoid such triggers in order to prevent ingrown hair growth. Avoid waxing of skin which can cause ingrown hair on your skin.
These are the few ingrown hair removal tips that can assist you. You can follow them and if you still find it difficult, meet a dermatologist who can assist you.
Hope this article was useful to you.