What Causes Morning Sickness
Morning sickness, characterized by nausea, is a condition which usually happens to almost all pregnant mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy. The intensity of the disease varies from woman to woman. Sometimes the symptoms are high in the morning and may last for the whole day and subside during night. With proper care and meditation, it is easy to combat morning sickness.
What does morning sickness feel like?
Doctors say that morning sickness is the result of physical changes taking place in the body due to increase in oestrogen level, stomach acids and fatigue and remains unpredictable. Researches reveal that stress and emotional quotient of pregnant mothers also play great role in morning sickness.
Do you know, what does morning sickness feel like and how to overcome the condition? Do read on!
- Don’t keep your stomach empty. An empty stomach can adversely affect your morning sickness by causing nausea.
- Having some saltine snacks in the morning is a good idea. This will help the stomach to settle, before you get out of your bed.
- Foods that are rich in fat content, such as fried foods can cause morning sickness. So it’s best to avoid such foods.
- Acidic and spicy foods are also dangerous and cause discomfort to pregnant mothers.
- Try to have foods high in B vitamins as this helps reduce nausea.
- Ginger serves as natural remedy for nausea. So adding ginger to the dishes or drinking ginger tea or gingersnaps at the time of pregnancy is also good.
- Researches show that the foods that are rich in papaya enzymes and vitamin B-6 also decrease nausea.
- Water hydrates our body and enhances the process of digestion. So always drink plenty of water, especially between meals. Adding a squeeze of lime to it decreases your vomiting tendency.
- Foods rich in iron content can result in discomfort in the stomach of preganant mothers. Therefore avoid iron supplements in the firt trimester if you are not anemic.
Besides these, a little of regular exercise during pregnancy is also good to keep your body strong. If the morning sickness is prolonged and makes you feel exteremely sick, consult your doctor before resorting to any meditation. Thank you!